SCU Equity Scholarships 2016 and 2017
Equity Scholarships are awarded to help seriously disadvantaged undergraduate students with costs associated with higher education.
Scholarships are generally awarded to students seriously impacted with multiple disadvantages.
For more information on offer rounds see UAC's Key dates for Equity Scholarship.
Complete application online at UAC Equity Scholarships. Applications for all study period open 3 August 2016.
- Session 3, 2016 applications close 13 October 2016
- Session 1, 2017 applications close 6 January 2017.
- Session 2, 2017 applications close 1 June 2017.
Number varies from study period to study period. The majority of offers will be made in Session 1.
Course of study
Any Commonwealth supported Bachelor degree.
Up to $2000 (full-time students), up to $1000 (part-time students).
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, permanent residents (other than humanitarian), permanent residents (humanitarian).
Low socio-economic status
Applicants must meet the criteria for low socio-economic status by demonstrating one of the following:
- Receiving or expecting to receive a Centrelink means-tested income support payment (such as Disability Support Pension, Parenting Payment Single, Carer Payment etc.).
- Provide evidence of exception financial hardship.
- Dependent commencing students aged between 16-20 years whose parent/guardian is in receipt of Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A.
SCU will generally award scholarships to applicants who demonstrate multiple disadvantages under the following:
- Carer responsibilities
- English language difficulties
- Financial hardship
- Indigenous Australian
- Long-term medical condition/disability or ongoing effects of abuse
- Sole-parent responsibilities
- Special note: Geographic disadvantage will not be considered.
You are not eligible for consideration if you:
- Already hold a bachelor's degree or higher level award, unless the award you hold is a prerequisite to the bachelor course you are enrolled in (or will be enrolled in).
- Will be eligible to receive a Student Start Up Scholarship/Loan and/or Relocation Scholarship.
- Will be receiving another type of Commonwealth Scholarship; for example, Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship