SCU Equity Book Bursary 2016 and 2017
Equity Book Bursaries are awarded to help disadvantaged undergraduate students with costs associated with higher education. Book Bursaries are awarded in the form of a voucher up to $500 in value which can be spent through the The Co-op. The Co-op offers free standard shipping within Australia. Leaving your voucher to be used entirely on the educational products to support your studies. Visit The Co-op's website for more information about products available.
Main Round Scholarship. For more information on offer rounds see UAC's Key dates for Equity Scholarship.
Complete application online at UAC Equity Scholarships.
- Session 3, 2016 applications close 13 October 2016.
- Session 1, 2017 applications close 6 January 2017.
- Session 2, 2017 applications close 1 June 2017.
The number can vary but the greatest number will be offered in Session 1, 2017.
Up to $500
Course of study
Any Commonwealth supported Bachelor degree.
Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, permanent residents (other than humanitarian), permanent residents (humanitarian).
Low socio-economic status
Applicants must meet the criteria for low socio-economic status by demonstrating one of the following:
- Receiving or expecting to receive a Centrelink means-tested income support payment (such as Disability Support Pension, Parenting Payment Single, Carer Payment etc.).
- Dependent commencing students aged between 16-20 years whose parent/guardian is in receipt of Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A
- Provide evidence of exception financial hardship.
SCU will generally award scholarships to applicants who demonstrate multiple disadvantages under the following:
- Carer responsibilities
- English language difficulties
- Financial hardship
- Indigenous Australian
- Long-term medical condition/disability or ongoing effects of abuse
- Sole parent responsibilities
You are not eligible for consideration if you:
- Already hold a bachelor's degree or higher level award, unless the award you hold is a prerequisite to the undergraduate course you are enrolled in (or will be enrolled in).
- Will be eligible to receive a Student Start Up Scholarship and/or Relocation Scholarship.
- Will be receiving another type of Commonwealth Scholarship; for example, Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship.