Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship 2017
Complete the online application via UAC.
- Session 1, 2017 applications opened 3 August 2016 and close 2 March 2017
- Session 2, 2017 applications opened 3 August 2016 and close 1 June 2017
- Session 1, 2017: 23 available
- Session 2, 2017: 10
$1318.50 per half year for up to four years (2017 value, indexed annually).
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
- Any undergraduate degree
- Studying full-time (part-time may be considered)
- Must be enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander status
For the purposes of the assessment of Indigenous commonwealth scholarship, a person will be considered to be an Indigenous person where:
- Is of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and
- Identifies as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and
- Is accepted as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which he/she lives or has lived.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen
Low socio-economic status
Applicants must meet the criteria for low socio-economic status by demonstrating one of the following:
- Receiving or expecting to receive a Centrelink means-tested income support payment (such as ABSTUDY, Disability Support Pension, Parenting Payment Single, Carer Payment etc.)
- Provide evidence of exception financial hardship
- Dependent students aged between 16-20 years whose parent/guardian was in receipt of Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A in the year before commencing studies at SCU.
You are not eligible for consideration if you:
- Already hold a bachelor's degree or higher level award, unless the award you hold is a prerequisite to the course you are enrolled in (or will be enrolled in).
- Will be receiving a Student Start Up Scholarship in 2017 or a Centrelink Income-contingent loan.